Thursday 16 April 2009

Practice makes...

...for a shorter time!
Headed out to the grey, wet and windswept Bowl of Hellfire again today for another practice lap, this time dragging my own Fat Boys (M and the Boy Prentice).
Making good time into a full on headwind I was motivated enough to put the jog / walk / jog / walk theory into practice. And I think it paid off.
Completed the 5km circuit in 45 mins or just over...hard to be precise, reasons why to be explained. This time is around seven minutes faster than Sunday's Hellfire practice and around 20 faster than last year's race day performance.
So, I feel pretty smug but also spurred on to keep training going for the next 14 weeks in order to make it round in 30 minutes or under on the day. It seems ridiculous to think that me, a non-runner if ever there was, may actually run most if not all of it.
Anyway, the reason for slight guess work on the time is because not being fully knowledgeable about my equipment (a hoodie) I didn't realise my phone fell out of my pocket around the 3.5km mark (top left corner of rowing course) until we got to the end and I tried to check the time.
However, my Big Damn Hero of a husband duly jogged off back the way we'd come while I took Prentice to the playground.
Phone back with me and M having completed around eight km in less than an hour we fed some ducks and a couple of rather pushy geese and then left Holme Pierrepont to the misty rain and lacklustre rowing practice.
Considering making trips out there a frequent thing over the next couple of months so if other Fat Girls fancy it give me a shout. I shall make sure all belongings are secured about my person from now on so no one has to go further than they should.
Surely this kind of progress is worth a few extra pennies in sponsorship? Remember - free badge for every sponsor!
Keep runnin'
S-CP x

1 comment:

Ace said...

Hoorah for training!

Glad you found the phone, in one piece even.

I usually take a backpack for I need my towel, bottle of water, keys, wallet etcetera etcetera etcetera.