Thursday 12 March 2009

Sweaty Betty not just in name...

Just been down the gym at lunch, boy what a sweat i've got on! Hot.... but not in a sexy way!

Wish I'd done a little more work to earn this 'healthy glow' though, just a minute of quick walking is enough to get the beads of perspiration rolling down my forehead. I have to use the treadmill under the AirCon machine else I'm likely to cause a site wide melt down with the heat radiating from my beetroot face.

I took a big step today (well a few actually but i meant that more figuratively).... I measured my progress on the treadmill in distance and not calories! This took some big determination and although I'm pleased I now can measure my pace like a big girl, I'm also very disheartened by what the numbers told me today. I walked 1.5 miles in 20 minutes, that's a pace of 4.5mph. So I think if i can at least maintain that then i can do the Race for Life in a little less time than last year. This is good but not great. I'm going to have to put a lot more effort in and make that treadmill my bitch if i want to seriously improve on 2008, bring it on!

I'm loving the merch designs by S-ChampPersp, good work fellow FG. I'm brimming over with other ideas of themes and tshirts, and im sure we'll discuss these over a good few glasses of wine at the first TRFGR MEET on 21st March! Not long now till we can swap training tips and dance moves, see you then ladies. I hope we'll get a few of us to meet at Holme Pierrepont for an Easter practice walk/jog/run too, (top idea Sarah!) it'll be good to test out the gym training in the field. It'll probably be the kick up the wobbly rear I need!

One (still) Sweaty Betty signing off x

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like we're pretty evenly matched on pace and facial colour then...but kudos for switching to distance over calories. I am sure you burned enough for the massive curry I am going to feed you tomorrow.
Excited about the merch...hoping to have items to dish out for 21st!
Current designs are limited edition so will see how popular they are with fellow FGs!
Keep up the good work soldier.