Thursday 23 July 2009

The race is...on?

A runner in the Cambridge 2006 Race for Life w...Image via Wikipedia

Ok - so it is T-4 days now until Race for Life 2009 (I think). I sort of lost count as I've been hit with swine flu (second team member to contract after Sarah B) and to be honest I have doubted I would make it *to* the Bowl of Hellfire nevermind round it.
But, despite my melodramatic proclamations to my darling husband last night that I was soon to be carried off by the pig flu I am feeling marginally better this morning. Well enough that I can believe a few more doses of Tamiflu and some rest and good food and I will be non-contagious and at least able to limp round.
It means the training I've put in over the last few months is all but worthless. Yes, that's right, I am holding swine flu responsible for a poor performance now - not my laziness and general un-fitness! But I am still gonna do it! Well, probably.
So -I'm taking the actual decision on whether to race or not up to the line. I clearly won't be there if there is any doubt that I am still infectious. I may not be able to run/walk/stumble if I can't get my lungs to work better than they do right now. What I can definitely do is support the girls who are going to be there for sure - and will my immune system to keep fighting so I can be with them come Sunday!
Watch this space...
S C-P
News Just In: We're another team member down - Ace can't make the race :( Hopefully she will be able to transfer to another event as she still really wants to take part. We'll miss you on the day Ace!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: