Wednesday 27 January 2010

Curse my radical thinking

So yesterday I had the brain wave about doing the 10k run instead of the usual 5k. I even wrote a small blerb in this Blog and shared my insanity with a few of the Team. But then i talked training regimes with some gym-keen friends and I quickly saw the error of my ways! The kind of plan I'd need to get myself to where I could jog 10k at a respectable pace was colossal and so much harder than the one I failed to keep up for the 5k! The idea was dismissed. I was a little disappointed I'd not got the courage to challenge myself to that level but the commitment filled me with dread, the sheer size of the task and the totally dedication to not looking like an idiot... it just goes against every lazy bone in my body.

Then out of the blue the other Team members agreed with me, but a day too late, they agreed the 10k was a good idea! Oh how easily my mind is swayed, about 2 seconds later and I'm all fighting talk again! WE CAN DO IT!! If only my fitness was as strong as my will is weak! *urgh* now we're signed up for the 10k EEEK and there's no going back. I'm going to have to do my very best to kick my lazy bones into gear, because if I fail at training I'll fail on the day. I do not want to let the Team or Cancer Research down.

So all that training I baulked at before is now back on the table and being designed into a spreadsheet of woe as you read this. I'm going to be using and abusing all my kind friends and fellow TRFGR members who've pledged help, support and training companionship! The countdown is on: 18th July 2010!

This Fat Girl is getting her game on!! My sponsorship page is up and running already so it has officially begun. 6 months to train and raise a load of cash. I'm going to try and remember the reason behind it all when my legs are aching and my feet are bleeding, all the training pain and tears will be worth every penny of sponsorship.

What could be better motivation than helping find a cure for Cancer?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We will do it...we might not be the fastest but for us we will have done the impossible and that makes us mighty!!!

I am, sadly, looking forward to the spreadsheet of woe. Let's do this! I am ready to begin training and we have 5 / 6 months to get our fitness up and laugh in the face of the mere 10km!

Come on Fat Girls! Bring it!