Tuesday 26 January 2010

TRFGR in 2010

It's 2010 and thoughts have started turning to what challenges lie in wait for TRFGR this year. Registration for Race For Life 2010 has opened so the wheels are being put into motion to gather the team together once more for the 5k walk/jog/run. I've decided to change venues to Kedleston Hall this year as I'm heading to wales on holiday again the weekend of the race at Holme Pierrepont. The only problem is they do a 5k and a 10k race. I'm not even sure why I'm contemplating the 10k, it's a crazy idea, or is it?? YES it is! I barely survived the 5k run last year. But it would be a challenge, and that's what it's all about in 2010! So I'll think about it a bit more, this shouldn't be rushed into after all, 10k is a serious distance and I'm not sure i could get that fit. I still want to enjoy it after all!

What else have TRFGR got lined up for 2010? Urm... nothing which involves fighting the flab as yet. The opposite in fact, oops!! Following the success of the annual Macmillan Coffee Morning I'm having a bake day at work for the British Heart Foundation. I dropped a few bags off to their charity shop the other day and found out that February is National Heart Month and they're running a 'Red For Heart' campaign. I'll be making cherry sponge cake, red iced cupcakes and rasberry cookies mmmmmmmmmm to sell at work on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th. Hopefully they'll be delicious and raise a few quid for BHF :)

No comments: