Saturday 20 February 2010

Total training fail

Well as per usual my good intentions have been scuppered by a hideous cycle of illness leading to mood lowering leading to lack of will power leading to further illness. In short I haven't done any training since I walked 5km with Kelly more than two weeks ago.

I don't feel good about it. Especially seeing as the Race For Life Get Social team have sent me a bag full of goodies (inluding the cute as anything rubber duckie) as a thank you for blogging, tweeting and generally yakking online about taking part. It's a shame that the effort I put in online won't help me survive the 10km race in July.

So, it's time to pull myself up by my trainer laces and get back on with training of some sort or another. I was feeling motivated 30 minutes ago but the discovery that my iPod is at work has diminished that get up and go somewhat. Running (alright jogging. Alright ALRIGHT walking) 5km on my own with no tunes really isn't appealing to me.

A failed attempt to hijack my husband's iPod means I'm expending more energy on sorting out this perceived problem than I am on actually getting on with training. If there is one thing I need no more practice in it is procrastination.

I need somebody to tell me to get out there. Someone to have some friendly competition with. Anyone about to administer a kick up the ass?

A lazy-as-you-like S C-P x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Consider your arse kicked! Lets get out there, when you up for some Bowl action? I need company else i swear this lone training is going to send me mental!