Sunday 5 April 2009

The great outdoors

Five things about training today (I love top fives for those who didn't know):
  1. I ran outside today for the first time since Race for Life 2008. For saying I don't like to be spotted choosing to do it in the middle of a sunshine-laden Sunday does seem a bizarre choice in retrospect. Still, made the transition from gym to field.
  2. The insulating properties of these M&S jogging bottoms is still totally baffling one year on. Why, oh why, Mr Mark and Mr Spencer would you line such a garment with what can only be a fabric facsimile of the tiles from the nose cone of Saturn 5??? I am sure Toni will back me up - I just don't get why anyone wants to feel like their legs have been set on fire when running is hard enough anyway.
  3. I really need to start taking my inhaler out. Clinging onto a five bar gate trying to get even the smallest amount of oxygen into my struggling lungs totally ruins any chance of looking like a keen jogger.
  4. While my athletic prowess has someway to go before being described as 'honed' the tracks on my training playlist do not: Hadouken! - Crank it Up; The Prodigy - Omen; Groove Armada feat. Mutya Buena - Song 4 Mutya; Bodyrox - Yeah Yeah; Kano - Typical Me.
  5. I have no idea how far I went or how many calories I burned so not only am I breaking with my Statto persona but not helping me gauge how I might cope with the practice run next Sunday or ensre I am within the strict limits of calorie-burnage allowed on my current eating plan. I guess I did about a mile and it took me 20 minutes at run / walk / wheeze / walk slower.
See you all next Sunday for the practice run at Nottingham Holme Pierrepont around 3.30pm.
S-CP x

No comments: