Friday 5 February 2010

Training #fail

This was the weather on the way to Holme Pierrepont Wednesday night. It was rain, sleet and snow, all rolled into one horridly freezing evening. Combined with the fact I was really miserable (5 days semi-no-smoking) I decided to turn round and go home. So training was a fail. I paid for it at weigh in yesterday with a 3lb increase, darn it! I should've braved the bloody weather... one training session certainly would've counter-acted the week of replacing fags with foodie treats! Hmmmmm???

I may have jacked in the training plan but I still did something for the good of TRFGR. I spent over an hour in Westfield hand delivering begging letters to our favourite stores! I really hope we get some positive responses. I also hope the letter made sense. Basically I said the Team and friends are meeting each month. We're cooking a meal and all chipping in some money for CRUK. All we need is a few businesses to recognise they could help us and be generous. We're not asking for cash, we're asking for food so we can add the shopping budget to the donation, and any products from their stores we can raffle off or give as prizes for quizzes or games. I hope I'm not the only one that can see the potential boost to our fundraising this could generate. It's all for Cancer Research UK, who could say no to finding a cure for Cancer? Well apparently Next can, they wouldn't even take my letter, instead they gave me a slip with head office phone number on and told me that was all they could do. Was I naive to expect more, am I going to be disappointed when we get no replies?? Oh dear!!

Guess I'll concentrate on the training and sponsorship for the 10k, always a great comfort to know I can count on the generosity and kindness of my friends and colleagues! I'll start passing round the sponsorship forms soon! If you want to sponsor me online go here !
Expect another update on training early next week. Well it's the beer festival tomorrow so I HAVE to fit training into the weekend else next weigh in will be another disaster! The plan is to go for a jog Saturday morning then do a MEGA walk on Sunday with Phil. Fingers crossed for better weather!!

No comments: