Saturday 24 April 2010

Jog on

I must have used up a good proportion of my energy whining about having to go out training before I'd even stepped out the door this morning. But make it out I did.

I have to admit I do feel better for having done it and I am moderately impressed with this morning's effort - 3.5 miles of which 2.25 miles I jogged! This is the longest continuous stretch of jogging I have EVER done (EVER!) and the shine of achievement is only slightly dulled by the realisation I jog at the same pace as I walk.

Still, keeping positive, this is about a quarter of the distance I've got to do in July and I'm starting to feel that may actually be possible. Sure, I'm not going to finish fast or looking pretty but I may manage to jog most of it if I can keep training up.

With a walk with Mind Marathon pioneer Carl Bembridge scheduled for tomorrow and jogs on Monday and Wednesday for starters next week I'm actually looking forward to the next opportunity to get my run on.

If you want to spur me on with cash you can sponsor me here.

S C-P x

PS - Good luck to all you marathon runners in London tomorrow :)

No comments: