Sunday 11 April 2010

Running away

You're probably quite familiar with this introductory spiel now - haven't been out for ages, not looking forward to it, just about 3 months until race day blah blah blah.
But the spring sunshine and a powerful need to keep myself busy booted me out the door and training was underway.
I managed 1.66miles (about 3km?) in 30 minutes through a combination of walking and jogging. In fact I managed the longest continuous jogging stint yet (possibly ever for me).
I soundtracked the whole thing with EV001: Manchester even though I usually favour bleeps to beats when out training. The Manchester mix worked better than I thought though, particularly Stone Roses I Am The Resurrection which had me slowly wobble-jogging down a field with one hand self-consciously pumping the air in an attempt to set free some emotions.
I feel pretty pleased with this mornings effort and not as grouchy / knackered as usual. Oh, my knees and ankles still hurt for sure and I'd go for a nice sit down if anyone is offering but it didn't leave me feeling awful and this is a positive sign.
I learnt also that while running on pavements and roads is easier, it hurts more while fields are easier on the joints but really hard going. All of this is useful information which I can use to plan training in the future.
I'd love to say that I am definitely heading out again this week but personal circumstances mean I don't actually know where I will be in a couple of days time, or when I'll come back.
The best I can say right now is I'll be getting back to training as soon as I can...

S C-P xReblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: