Tuesday 11 January 2011

First steps

I've been out for a little walk with the baby in his pram today. We didn't go very far - about a half mile round route but as it was the first time I'd been out since having him I didn't want to push it.

It felt great to be out in the open air and it wasn't too hard. The hills were challenging enough and my back was aching by the time we got back (I still get pain where the spinal went in for my c-section). I'm confident we can build it up though and make it part of the training for Race for Life.

Registration opens next week so I'm having a last think about which event to enter and will be hassling the other Fat Girls to see whether I can talk them into it again!

Top five songs on today's soundtrack:
Junk Shop Clothes - The Auteurs; Lazarus - The Boo Radleys; Mancunian Way - Take That; Other Too Endless - Polly Scattergood; Near Wild Heaven - REM.

No comments: