Sunday 21 September 2008

Amphibian!

It's the end of week one of the Channel swim challenge and I've now completed 120 lengths, which is somewhere around the 2 mile mark. That puts me on target to complete the full 22 miles in 12 weeks. And means I only have 6 miles left to complete my share of the team's distance!!!
I'm hoping I'll be able to break it down into shorter sessions over the next few weeks as 80 today was challenging mentally as well as physically. Somewhere around the 68 mark I really started to have to push myself to carry on and by 75 I had a proper thousand yard stare going. I think 40 is a nice number for one session - and this is now taking 33 minutes so I've knocked another 2 mins off my average time. 
Other things to report...not much really. My ever-decreasing boobage means tumble turns now need some thrilling heroics to ensure I don't reveal my bangers to the rest of the pool users but I take it all as part and parcel of the challenge. And losing pounds while raising pounds is the motto of the team. Or it might be if we started having a motto. Anyway, I think, for me, it's going good! Bring on the rest of the distance!!!  

No comments: