Monday 15 September 2008

First laps on the clock

This is Saira checking in at the end of day one. 
Unlike the other RFGRers I won't be taking my challenge further than Derby so I thought I may as well get started and I've put 40 lengths on the clock for the team so we are underway! 
While doing this I have managed to confuse myself about whether we are doing 22 miles between us or 22 miles each. I must check this at the soonest as option one means I have completed my share for this week and option two means I still have 78 lengths to complete in week one alone. 
Anyway, technicalities of the challenge aside day one went a little like this: forgot swimming hat (bad times); increased swim speed so 40 lengths now coming in at 35 minutes (good times). I can also report that Monday night is most definitely boys night in the spa. Jeez, do those regulation hotties like to steam...
So, swimming my 40 for the team gave me the sense of achievement and self-worth sadly elusive the rest of the day (if I'm gonna, I'll blog elsewhere about that). 

But where is the sponsorship??? Come on people...

No comments: