Monday 15 September 2008

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN!

Today is kickoff for our channel swim, that's 22 miles of sweat, tears and water inhalation to come over the next 12 weeks.....

Wisely i've actually done no swimming to train for this event, odd you may say and you'd be right, i've just been lazy. But i have been getting into quite a sweat at the gym thrice weekly in the bid to increase my cardio and stamina. However, the exciting part for me is that I've decided to combine this crazy feat with my holiday to Marrakech next week. I'll be attempting to swim my 8 miles in the luxury of the 4 star pool. Only problem i envisage is there being a bar at the end of every lap. Wish me luck i shall need it, oh and yes i'll be sure to get Sarah Bibb my holiday companion to record my splutterings from poolside where she'll be working on a mean tan!

Remember we're doing this crazy challenge for Aspire, the UK’s leading spinal injury charity. Please help them by sponsoring us whatever you can, see us in person or give online at ....
http://www.justgiving.com/teamrfgr
http://www.aspire.org.uk/channelswim/default.html

No comments: